Criteria for Selection
1. The dissertation or thesis must be original, not duplicating previous dissertations, theses, textbooks or procedures.
2. The dissertation or thesis must contain a clear hypothesis or a statement to be proved or disproved.
3. The dissertation or thesis must use an appropriate research methodology and instruments for finding evidence to test the hypothesis.
4. The dissertation or thesis must be written in correct format with clear explanation according to the dissertation and thesis standard practices.
6. The dissertation or thesis must contain at least one of the following characteristics:
(1) Generating a new theory or idea; disproving previous theory, or making a significant contribution to a previous theory;
(2) Establishing a new procedure or a new research instrument; disproving a previous procedure or a research instrument, or adding essential point to them, or
(3) Discovering procedures of production, invention, administration, and services that are beneficial to the discipline or the manufacture of new products; contributing significant adaptations or improvements to previous procedures.
7. The dissertation or thesis must be published in an academic journal, accredited nationally or internationally , or acquire a patent or have a high potential use.
Criteria for Dissertation and Thesis Nominations
1. The dissertation or thesis must be conducted and authored by graduate students Who graduate in academic year 2021 from Mae Fah Luang University.
2. It must be written in Thai or in English.
3. The result of dissertation/thesis defense exam must be “Good” or “Excellent”.
4. It must be in one of these conditions:
(1) It is published in a national or international academic journal. The student must be the first author, and Mae Fah Luang University must be affiliated in the article.
5. It must not have been awarded by Mae Fah Luang University, national or international organizations.
6. Graduate students who are the dissertations’ or theses’ author must agree to apply for nomination. They must specify the field of nomination categorized in the following disciplinary groups:
(1) Fields of Science and Technology
– School of Science
(2) Fields of Health Science
– School of Health Science
(3) Fields of Humanities and Social Sciences
– School of Liberal Arts
7. Nomination for Outstanding Dissertations and Theses Graduate Studies must be approved by the program committee and Dean.